Tuesday, October 26, 2010

No Wraps Yet

I'm still working on making wraps with sprouted wheat flour.  I got the sprouted wheat berries nicely dehydrated but my plan to use the food processor to make sprouted wheat flour did not work and my coffee grinder is no longer working.  I think it lasted me about 10 years of daily use so maybe it just needs to be replaced.  So if you tried the recipe for sprouted wheat wraps I apologize.  I'll keep you posted.

I made sprouted bean soup today though with the medly of beans that I sprouted.  Not all of them sprouted but more than 1/2 had a tiny sprout starting.  I cooked them in water with 1 tsp of italian herbs for 1/2 hour then added a (2 cup) bullion cube, a can of stewed tomatoes, a few leaves of kale chopped and salt and pepper.  Simmer it for 15 minutes and it's a really good soup.  Simmer longer if the beans are not done enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment